Saturday, July 4, 2009

Late Flower Planting

Happy 4th of July!

We're not doing any big cookouts or anything today, for the first time. The kids are going to be out with friends today, boating and barbecuing. So we're having leftovers and a nice, sedate trip to the bookstore later to use our 30% off coupons. My DH is recovering from the surgery two weeks ago and short outings are the best we can manage for a while.

I'm late getting my summer flowers into their self-watering pots around the lily pond this year. But like they say, better late than never... I went to Lowe's and Home Depot yesterday looking for plants and was disappointed at how little variety there was. So I went in the broiling freaking heat to Driftwood Garden Center, which is more expensive but always has a better selection. I found enough pretty, colorful flowers and herbs to fill up almost all of my planters.

So here's some photos of the new, unfurling water lily (a little obscured) and my new flowers and herbs.










3 comments:

Lowell and Son said...

Great flowers! I went to Lowes too to get wire fencing to make cages for my sweet peas and bird seed. It was HOT here too.

Julia said...

hi ya! sounds like a nice 4th :)
I love your flowers. I missed out on my garden this year.. I so love to garden. very pretty :)

My Blogs
Jewelles
http://dearmissjulia.blogspot.com/
Break time with Julia
http://allrecipes.com/Cook/JuliaFerry/Blog.aspx

Have the best Day ever and make some happy memories!
Jewelles

One of a kind Jewelry.
Created to be touched and talked about.
Jewelry to be passed down from daughter to daughter.
http://jewelles.etsy.com/

Audrey said...

Beautiful pictures!! Reminds me that I need to water my pots.