Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Both my DH and I are crazy about the trio of books by the late Stieg Larsson: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I was pleasantly shocked Friday to see that the first book had been made into a movie in Sweden, and it was playing at our local theater.

I was, frankly, almost afraid to go to see the movie. I've been disappointed many times with casting and interpretations of much-loved books. But this was fantastic! It's all in Swedish with English subtitles, 2-1/2 hours long and the cast is perfect, especially the young woman who plays the unconventional, sullen, violent, brilliant and spiky heroine, Lisbeth Salander. She is amazing!

I've found that all three books have been made into movies and they are on DVD, but quite expensive. Also they are DVD Region 2, and the US is Region 1, so they probably wouldn't work on our DVD player. We were lucky enough to get a copy of the last book from a friend who ordered it sent from England. Now we want to see all of the movies!

No comments: