Thursday, May 21, 2009

Coquina Beach Confetti

One of the most beautiful features of our South Florida beaches are the coquina shells you find literally all over the beach. Tiny little bivalves tinted the dearest, tender shades of pink, purple, gold and green, they sparkle so prettily as the seafoam washes over them.

These sweet little shells have inspired my newest soap, Coquina Beach Confetti. Lightly kissed with a dusting of white gold mica on top, they are as pretty as their fragrance -- a delicate Grapefruit and Jasmine blend. Also available in my Etsy shop. :)



I'm finally getting near the end of soaping all my new summer fragrances. Today it's going to be a giant batch of Thai Coconut, tomorrow it's going to be Get Lei'd. I still have Honey Patchouli and Sconset Sunset to do too. The Sconset Sunset is so pretty, it reminds me of the Crabree & Evelyn Nantucket Briar.

After the driest spring on record since 1932, and being under drought conditions for months, the rain has returned with a vengeance. We've had torrential downpours every afternoon for the past week, and last night it rained down in buckets all night long. We got over an inch of rain last night. It is very soothing to hear, and I slept like a baby.

No comments: