Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I was so ready to see the last of 2007, a very difficult year for me in which I lost my beloved mother and, a few months later, our much-loved Welshie, Pepper. And some wild moments in the painfully awkward and trying period of adolescents growing up and my re-thinking of creative outlets, changing from mostly skin texturing and character creation for Poser, back to an old love, soapmaking. I'm ready for a somewhat smoother ride in 2008. I hope to be better organized and more focused on making my Sea Sprite Soaps shop even more successful.

It is somewhat of a miracle when all four of us are actually home together for dinner these days. Since Geoff can hardly eat anything except soup, and Vicky and I love Panera's Broccoli Cheese Soup, I found a recipe for it here. I followed the instructions exactly and if you love it as much as we do, you have to make it. It's insanely rich and delicious! Just to gild the lily, I made Magic Bars, those decadent bar cookies. If you've never made them, you don't know what you're missing!

So now I'm real thankful I don't have a gallbladder to worry about anymore, given the richness of this meal tonight. Back to lentils, beans and lots of veggie stir fries tomorrow.

I hope anyone who reads this is blessed this new year. I hope we all have a glorious 2008, filled with peace and contentment, challenges and triumphs.

No comments: