Monday, April 20, 2009

1,500 Sales!

Today I hit 1,500 sales on Etsy! That's kind of misleading because one sale could be a lip balm, or it could be a huge custom order of 100 soaps. But one way or another, it's a lot of sales and it makes me happy.

I've had a really good month, sales-wise. More sales are coming directly from my Sea Sprite Soaps domain site, which is great -- fewer listing and transactions fees to pay out of my profit. As a result of good sales, I'm starting to get low on some of my more popular soaps. The past few days have been a soaping marathon to catch up -- Lemon Verbena, Calabrian Violet and Bergamot, Wild Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Vanilla de Madagascar, Tassie Lavender, Honey Patchouli (a new one) and another new one, Wisteria.

Ah that Wisteria, it was a heartbreaker. Instant purple soap-on-a-stick the minute the fragrance hit the soap. It's lumpy and bumpy because I could barely get it into the mold before it set up. It does smell divine, though.

I'm up to viewing Episode 4 of The Tudors, Season 3. I absolutely love that series!

Next week we get to bring Vicky home from school for the summer. It doesn't seem possible that she is finished with her freshman year already!

No comments: