Thursday, April 23, 2009

A New Mold!

I'm pretty stoked about this -- Today I ordered a new 3 chamber divider log mold from SoapHutch! I'm really happy to be selling more soap, but my molds just aren't big enough to keep up with sales. It's just as much work to measure out oils, mix lye, pour soap and clean up to make 18 bars as it would be to make a much larger batch. If I could make more at one time, I wouldn't have to worry all the time about running out of a particular kind.

This new mold will give me the ability to make 36 bars at a time, which is double the size of my current largest mold. And if I want to just fill one or two chambers of the mold for a smaller batch, I can do that too. I've heard such good things about these molds, I can't wait to get mine!

I made a new fragrance yesterday, Tangerine Lavender. Mmmm, it smells so good!

Because all soap and no play makes me a dull girl, I've joined up on Ravelry. It will be fun to have a place to talk about my crocheting with other yarn types. I made my first entry here, about my little Snowflake Faery.

No comments: