Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Sigh of Relief

My DH had his surgery yesterday. Today the path results came in, looks like they got it all and there was nothing showing up in the lymph nodes they took out nearby, suggesting that the cancer hadn't spread. Within two hours of the surgery's completion, he was in a room and talking to us. It is such a relief to see him alert and responsive. This morning they had him up and walking around. It seems like a miracle, one I'm profoundly grateful for.

On Monday and Tuesday, Geoff and I have to attend his new student orientation at FGCU. I'm not sure when Lowell comes home from the hospital, but I may have to do some fancy footwork to attend orientation, get him home and take care of him while still attending to orientation. I think they might send him home Monday, but it might be a few days longer. He is very excited tonight about the possibility of having some toast tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is great news! Hope he has a speedy recovery :) *hugs*

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear that, Steph!!! Wishing your DH a speedy recovery and Geoff a great new experience. Get out and enjoy the sunshine, you have so much to be joyful about!
:)
~Liz
PS - I love my perfume, thank you!